Aims and Ethos
Academic rigour and excellent exam preparation are a given at Northwood College for Girls.
We believe that our girls deserve the opportunity to grow as individuals; learn how to take responsible risks; assume leadership roles; develop vital life, attitudinal and thinking skills; gain friends for life and ultimately fulfil their potential in a dynamic environment.
Good schools help pupils to achieve the best possible grades and win places at their chosen universities. Outstanding schools such as Northwood College for Girls, do so much more – through inspirational enrichment and extension programmes we prepare our girls to thrive in a fast and radically changing world.
The aims of Northwood College for Girls are:
- Excellence, courage and integrity: three fundamental qualities that underpin a Northwood College for Girls education.
- Through the dedicated support of teachers who are experts in their subjects, who hold very high academic expectations of their pupils and who care deeply about the well-being of each of our girls, Northwood College for Girls prides itself on being a nurturing environment which enables every girl to achieve her very best.
- We believe education should be about developing a real thirst for learning. Our staff and pupils are ambitious and aspirational. Our ground-breaking and innovative thinking skills programme is part of our commitment to fostering success, endeavour, creativity, a spirit of enquiry and strength of mind.
- Girls are provided with a wealth of opportunities to discover their varied and unique talents, be they academic, sporting or creative. Our girls become self-sufficient learners – autonomous, inquisitive and brave. We encourage them to be emotionally resilient, to learn from success and challenge and to communicate with clarity and assurance.
- Our aim is that every day at school is a fulfilling, enriching experience, within a happy, considerate community. Staff and girls are passionate about their work and about helping each other to become decent, kind human beings, with a sense of responsibility and service and a clear moral compass.
- Girls are well-prepared for the challenges of 21st century life. Northwood College for Girls commits itself to every girl to enable her to ‘discover, learn, succeed’.
Relationships are excellent throughout the school, which is indeed a happy place: the pupils are very proud of it and feel a strong sense of belonging.— ISI Report 2012
Northwood College for Girls is a truly magical place where each individual child is secure in the knowledge that she will always be listened to, supported, inspired and very much valued.